Our exclusive line of eco-friendly “Eco Mats” are environmentally responsible in more than one way. Of course, the materials have a solid “green” story.
But did you know just how beneficial entry mats can be to a building’s operational bottom-line?
In fact, a well-known study by the AIA revealed that the approximate cost to remove 1 pound of dirt that’s been tracked in by occupants is approximately $600… $600!
Entry mats can extend the life of flooring in the rest of the building, as well as reduce overall maintenance costs, directly affecting the LCA (Lifecycle Cost Analysis).
We routinely create custom logo mats for clients all across the country and here is a recent example from one of Jim Collins’ clients, a DC-area condo building:
Call 703-212-6383 or send me an email CMoline@CarpetCCA.com for more information. We ship worldwide and are able to work with government contracts as well.
- 34 million Americans are over the age of 60. With this said, a person age 65 or older is 10 times more likely to be the victim of a debilitating slip-and-fall accident than a person under the age of 30
- The average slip-and-fall claim is $4,000
- In the US each year, an average of 7.75 claims per 1 million supermarket customers are filed due to slips-and-falls
- In 1987 there were 12 million injuries caused by falls requiring at least 1 day of medical attention. Two-thirds of the falls happened at the floor level
- For every dollar spent on floor maintenance products, the average supermarket will spend $3 paying for slip-and-fall accidents
Scientific Studies Facts
- The average six-room dwelling takes in 40 lbs. of dust in a year. A private home may have between 800,000 to 1,600,000 tiny bits of dust and particulate matter in every cubic inch of air. (TRSA Report)
- Studies show that 1 sq. yard of commercial grade carpeting can accumulate 1 lb. of dirt over a 1-week period and up to twice as much during inclement weather. (International Sanitary Supply Association)
- Entrance matting should cover 15 to 18 feet of an entrance (long enough for 5-6 footsteps of the average adult stride), preventing 80-90% of dirt from coming into the facility. (Cleaning & Maintenance Mgmt)
- It’s estimated that over 43 million tons of dust falls on the United States annually. (National Air Pollution Central Administration)
- “We estimate that only about 10% of the dirt is removed from mats with a vacuum cleaner” – Georgia State University
- 91% of shoppers select a store to shop in based on appearance
- 42% of consumers say the floors are the first thing they look at when judging cleanliness
- Students selecting colleges largely base their selections on the appearance of the campus – specifically entranceways, restrooms and the grounds
- When customers choose a restaurant, cleanliness ranks at the top for fast-food destinations
It is estimated that 90% of building maintenance cost is labor
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a building can exceed $600
- A dollar spent keeping soil out of a building will save $10 in removing the soil once it’s inside
- 39% of all custodial time is devoted to floor care maintenance
- Proper matting alone can save approximately 200 labor hours in the average home per year
- About 10% of Americans are allergic to some component of dust
- Indoor air is found to be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air; and most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors
- American businesses are spending upwards of $100 billion a year as a result of lost worker productivity due to poor indoor air quality and “Sick Building Syndrome”
- Medical research has proven that most headaches are allergic reactions to dust