USFloors’ Natural Cork floating floors with Endura AR finish and Ecocork floating floors have earned GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certification. Earlier this year, the company earned the same certification for its Natural Bamboo flooring.
After my recent tour of their facilities in Dalton, Georgia, and a few hours with US Floors CEO Piet Dossche, the receipt of this designation for their cork product is not a surprise.
In fact, US Floors recently was awarded the Floor Covering Weekly GreenStep Award in the Process category for their photovoltaic array and new warehouse in Dalton. As one of the judges for the awards, I chose US Floors because the 144 kw array is currently the largest commercial solar installation in the state of Georgia and it represents their commitment to sustainability. The system generates 100% of the power required for the buildings energy needs. This is not the first array for USFloors, a sustainable flooring manufacturer, but for now its largest.
About GREENGUARD Children & Schools:
GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified products are approved in all of the following LEED Rating Systems:
• LEED 2009 for Commercial Interiors EQ Credit 4.3 – Low-Emitting Materials: Flooring Systems
• LEED 2009 for New Construction EQ Credit 4.3 – Low-Emitting Materials: Flooring Systems
• LEED 2009 for Homes MR Credit 2.2
• LEED 2009 for Core & Shell EQ Credit 4.3 – Low-Emitting Materials: Flooring Systems
• LEED 2009 Retail for Commercial Interiors EQ Credit 4 Option C: Flooring Systems (in pilot phase)
• LEED 2009 Retail for New Construction EQ Credit 4 Option C: Flooring Systems (in pilot phase)